The Library is operating in a spacious building and circulation of documents is done manually. Total of 10,465 vloumes of textbooks and reference books (8164 ayurvedic books and 2265 Modern books), , 500 bound volumes of journals, 23 Medical journals, 6 International journals, 17 National journals and 14 magazines are available along with online journal and open access journal through our intranet Digital Library System. In addition to the above a very good collection of CD-ROMS, E books, journals, periodicals, seminar reports and Project reports are also available to the user community.
Facilities such as Library reference, Referral service, Document Delivery service, Internet search, Online Public access catalogue, Digital Library access, Book Bank facility, Reprographic, News paper clipping, Current awareness service, Information alert and Inter Library Loan with resources such as periodicals, dailies, CD Roms, Audio Visual & online journals etc. are available in the Library.
- CD ROMs
- Audio Visual
- Online Journals
- Library reference
- Referral service
- Document Delivery Service
- Internet search facility
- Online Public access catalogue
- Digital Library access
- Book Bank facility
- Reprographic facility
- News paper clipping
- Current awareness service
- Information alert
- Inter Library Loan
Rules and Regulations
The following rules are binding on all the Members of the Library
- Users should carry their identity cards while entering library
- Each student member is entitled to borrow five Books
- All the students should renew their borrower’s tickets.
- The members can retain the books with them for a period of two weeks only. Overdue books will be charged with a stipulated fine.
- Members with long over dues will lose their library membership
- Books once lent out of the library should not be carried back into the library before discharging the same at the Circulation Counter
- A borrower borrowing a book shall note that the book is in sound condition, before leaving the Circulation counter. He/she will be responsible for any mutilation or damage caused to the book after it is lent out. They shall have to make good of the damaged book.
- If the books borrowed is a part of a set or volumes and the same is damaged or lost the borrower concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set.
- In case the lost books are not replaced with new one the borrower will have to pay thrice the cost of the book.
- Reference Books, Periodical publications, Dictionaries, Encyclopaedias, Handbooks & such other works that may be declared as Reference Works by the Librarian shall not be lent out of the Library.
- Members should not write, or make any marks in the materials that are part of Library
- Tracing or mechanical reproduction (Photocopying/Scanning) of the documents shall not be made without the permission of the Librarian
- A member who loses the Borrower’s Ticket shall lodge a written complaint of the same to the Librarian. Duplicate tickets will be issued in such cases only after a period of 15 days from such notice & paying the prescribed fee. The Member shall be responsible for any misuse of the Lost Borrower’s ticket.
- The Members are requested not to misplace the books from one place to another, they shall leave the books on the reference tables after consulting; the library staff will replace the books to their respective positions.
- Members are prohibited from chatting, smoking, and carrying the bags. Umbrella boxes & other receptacles in to the library. They should not carry their personal books (reading materials) in to the library, except in special cases with the permission of the librarian. Members are requested to keep their belongings at the Property counter at entrance of the library. However, they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the hand bag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost.
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library
- Under special circumstance, the librarian will have powers to refuse admission in to the library to any person or the use of any book or material without assigning any reason.
- ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THE Rules by the members will lead to cancellation of their membership & they shall not be allowed to enter the Library.
8.30 AM to 5.30 PM (Week Days)
8.30 AM to 5 PM (Saturdays)
8.30 AM to 5.30 PM (Week Days)
8.30 AM to 5 PM (Saturday)
Miss. Neethu T
Librarian, PNPS Ayurveda Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Parakalai